[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Archive - read only
Forum » Public forum » Food board » Lykane's Homebrew Magic (Thread containing my latest homebrews.)
Lykane's Homebrew Magic
LykaneDate: Thursday, 05 June 2014, 21:33 | Message # 1
/Officially left their shell
Group: Site Initiate
Reproofs: 0%
Been dabbling with homebrewing since the beginning of the year. Mainly been doing beer kits but also tried some all-grain brews (my first ever attempt was actually all-grain). Although the vast majority of my brews have been pretty awful (compared to commercial beer), i'm starting to feel confident enough to experiment and this is where this thread comes into picture. Thought i'd keep posting my brews here for those interested to see.

My first post will be a golden ale. It's based off the Coopers Sparkling Ale kit. The only deviation is that i'm using a different strain of yeast than the one supplied with the kit. Been resting in bottles for about a week at this point and I can honestly say that i'm super happy with it. Easily the best brew I've made thus far. It landed at around 5% ABV which is enough for me. It's a pretty malty beer and very easy to drink. Cheers!

Attachments: 9726110.jpg (235.3 Kb)

Message edited by Lykane - Thursday, 05 June 2014, 21:36

CheieeDate: Friday, 06 June 2014, 08:27 | Message # 2
Guild Leader
Group: Administrators
Wow! Looks awesome Lynoc 

booze

HensDate: Friday, 06 June 2014, 09:37 | Message # 3
Raid Team Healer
Group: Raider
It does look very good Lynoc!! It's pretty warm here already and looking at this it even makes me thirsty... Says quite a lot since i don't drink any alcoholic beverages biggrin

LykaneDate: Wednesday, 02 July 2014, 15:49 | Message # 4
I think i'll just leave this link here: https://www.facebook.com/skyclad.brewery

That is my facebook page where I post stuff related to my homebrewing. I update that quite frequently and will go into more specifics and maybe some tutorials. If anyone is interested, check it out. smile I will still post pics here though with the results of my homebrews. I have a india pale ale conditioning in bottles right now. smile Cheers guildies!

LykaneDate: Saturday, 05 July 2014, 14:42 | Message # 5
India Pale Ale with added Citra hops. I was doubtful about the carbonation, but it actually turned out very well. You can definitely smell and taste the Citra hops. It's surprising what big of a difference bottle conditioning can do with a beer. Only complaint is the lack of head, but otherwise i'd chalk this down as another success!

Attachments: 7460232.jpg (138.4 Kb)

CheieeDate: Saturday, 05 July 2014, 22:29 | Message # 6
Guild Leader
Looks very tasty and refreshing Lynoc  biggrin

I don't drink alcohol but I am currently Drinking a bottle of Bavaria wit bier 0.0%, it's very nice but I suspect not as tasty as yours!

LykaneDate: Saturday, 05 July 2014, 23:15 | Message # 7
Aww, thank you very much Cheiee! smile I actually enjoy alcohol-free beer as well sometimes. When i'm too lazy to buy beer at the "systembolaget" (state owned monopoly on alcoholic beverages above 3.5% here in Sweden). I'm not really into beer because of the alcohol though, I just love the craft and tasting the different nuances that different beers have to offer.

LeucetiusDate: Sunday, 06 July 2014, 16:42 | Message # 8
/Chattiest
Group: Blocked
Reproofs: 20%
Mmmm getting so thirsty...

CheieeDate: Tuesday, 08 July 2014, 14:27 | Message # 9
Guild Leader
I heard about a podcast that might be of interest to you Lynoc. I haven't listened to it myself but might be worth a go.

Hop-Cast

LykaneDate: Tuesday, 08 July 2014, 16:03 | Message # 10
Quote Cheiee ()
I heard about a podcast that might be of interest to you Lynoc. I haven't listened to it myself but might be worth a go. Hop-Cast

Thanks! I will check it out.

Forum » Public forum » Food board » Lykane's Homebrew Magic (Thread containing my latest homebrews.)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Color Legend: [Administrator] [Moderator] [Officer] [Raider] [Social] [Guild Initiate] [Site Initiate]